Have you hidden any downloaded apps on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad? Perhaps, you’re looking to unhide some of those apps or see how many purchases you’ve hidden so far? In that case, you’ll be pleased to know that unhiding purchased apps is pretty easy to do on a Mac.
Let’s discuss how you can manage all your hidden purchases on a Mac with ease.
How to Manage Hidden Purchases on Mac with App Store
Fortunately, macOS makes it easy to manage all the apps you’ve prevented from showing up in your purchased list. Simply follow the steps below to get started.
- Launch the App Store on your Mac from the Dock, Applications folder, Spotlight, or Launchpad.
- This will take you to the Discover section of the App Store. Here, click on your Apple ID name located at the bottom of the left pane.
- If you’re not sure how to hide purchases on a Mac, you can hover the cursor over any of the apps that show up here and click on the triple-dot icon. This will give you access to the “Hide Purchase” option.
- Next, to access and manage your hidden purchases, click on “View Information” as shown in the screenshot below.
- Enter your Apple ID login details when you’re prompted to sign in.
- Now, right below the Apple ID Summary section, you’ll see the “Hidden Items” section. Click on the “Manage” option under Hidden Items to continue.
- Here, you’ll see all the purchases you’ve hidden so far. Click on the “Unhide” option located right next to each app to unhide your purchase. Click on “Done” to save your changes.
That’s all there is to it. Now you know how to manage your hidden purchases on a Mac. Hide and unhide away!
We understand that many users use a PC instead of a Mac and you might be wondering how you can unhide purchases on your Windows computer or with iTunes as well. If you’re on Windows, you can use iTunes to manage your hidden purchases. Simply head over to Account -> View My Account from the menu bar to access the same options.
If you use Family Sharing on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you need to keep in mind that your hidden purchases will not be available for people in your family group to redownload. It won’t appear in their purchases either. However, these hidden apps will still show up in your purchase history.
What do you think of this option to hide and unhide options of apps from the App Store? Let us know in the comments, and as always share any of your own tips or advice too.